Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

So this morning I tried something new and I really, really liked it.  Some of you may recall the dinner in a pumpkin that I made the other night.  I scraped the remainder of the pumpkin and saved it for future meals.  This morning I decided to try the pumpkin in my eggs.  I had some sage sausage that I cooked up with the pumpkin, spinach and eggs.  It was pretty phenomenal.  The sweetness of the pumpkin was a great contrast to the savory sausage.


Julia even ate them up....actually to really impress you, I should let you know that even ALEX went back for seconds!  To round out the meal, Julia and I made some cloud biscuits.  These are the biscuits that my mother made when I was a little girl.  It's a pretty solid recipe.

Cloud Biscuits

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 beaten egg
2/3 cup milk

Combine ingredients and roll dough 3/4 inches thick.  Cut into desired shape.  Bake at 450 degrees on an ungreased pan for 10 to 14 minutes.


Really, really delicious.  I'm a carbohydrate addict.  I could live on biscuits and jam alone.  There has been more than one occasion when I have gone to Bob Evans with friends and family and cleaned up every one's biscuits.  They love me :)

I'm not great at transitions but I would now like to take a moment now to say what I am thankful for with a little more seriousness than usual.  I have always been in awe of military families and the sacrifices they endure so that we can enjoy our lives here in this great country.  I'm not great at expressing my feelings and gratitude so I will simply say, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!