Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Attention Farmvillers: Patty Pan Squash!

Hello!  I hope you guys had a great day.  I had a very lazy day since I have been feeling under the weather :(  I was feeling icky yesterday but decided to workout with Patrice last night anyway.  Bad choice.  It definitely put me in a worse spot than earlier in the day. 

Anyway, I tried a new vegetable that I wanted to tell you about:  Patty Pan Squash!  That's right, the stuff you plant in Farmville. 


My boss at work has a little farm plot and brings in vegetables to share with the office.  This was one of her veggies.  I am usually a fan of squash so I thought I would give it a try.

I cut off the top and the bottom of the squash and cut the rest into cubes.  Next, I lightly tossed the pieces in olive oil with some salt and pepper and roasted them in the oven.


The squash did not have a very strong flavor and was slightly sweet.  I would eat it again.  I would definitely like to try some different spices and flavor combinations.  I even think if I roasted it without any spices and chilled the pieces, it could even be suitable in a smoothie....too weird?

One cup of Patty Pan Squash only has 30 calories!  Gotta love those veggies :)  Lots of fill without a lot of calories!

What's your favorite lesser known veggie?

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!