Sunday, September 18, 2011

Notes from Nogales

Good Evening!  It's been a wild week in Nogales, AZ!  I went for a business trip to meet fellow coworkers in our satellite office and to see how the land border operates.  It's the WILD west for sure!  I saw more action in the three days I was down in Nogales than I saw in two years at Dulles.

The aftermath of an attempted drug smuggling
It was truly amazing seeing the CBP officers and Border Patrol Agents doing their thing on the southwest border.  They have my full and total respect for the jobs they do every day.

Out with BP at the International Fence
The next best thing about my trip was the food.  My coworkers made fun of me the whole time for taking pictures of my food haha.  Here's some highlights:

Mexican BBQ pork on sweet bread with mild sauce and cream
Chicken Mole
Ahi Tuna with Cowboy Caviar
I was instructed as soon as I was picked up from the airport that there was not going to be any dieting while on "vacation."  I thought I was on a business trip but I decided not to argue and just eat whatever was placed before me.  One of the best meals that I had I actually did not document.  It was a Sonoran-style hot dog.  You take a hot dog, wrap it in bacon, put it in sweet Mexican bread and top it off with refried beans, chopped onions, mild sauce and Mexican cream.  Beyond delicious!

I have successfully gained five pounds but tomorrow starts a whole new week!  I look forward to getting back to my normal eats and also doing some running.  Oh yeah, my Maymont 8-mile run is this weekend!!!!!  I'm pretty excited about it.  I'm looking to complete it in under 88 minutes.  I can do it :)

What's your best vacation?

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!