Thursday, September 22, 2011

My IPOD is breaking up with me

Anger does not make me run faster so it was a slow run this morning.  I do not know why but my IPOD has decided to hate me.  The screen doesn't light up anymore and the right ear bud refuses to stay in my ear.  Here's my run:  right, left, right, push ear bud in, left, right, left, push ear bud in, etc etc etc.  I was so annoyed.  If I was outside running, I would have thrown the IPOD by the wayside.  Instead, I was running on a treadmill and I couldn't bear the thought of my IPOD mocking me from the floor for the rest of my run. 

I'm pretty sad about it all.  Next to my dad, my IPOD has been my greatest running partner.  We have shared many highs and lows together.  It's the end of an era :(  Maymont is going to be tough without some tunes.  My run ended up not being too bad, even though it was slow.  I completed four miles in forty-eight minutes.

The sun setting on my IPOD's life
Today I made some pretty good food choices.  I am finally feeling like my body is getting back into the normal swing of things and I love it!  First of all, I don't think I was drinking nearly enough water so water has been the most delicious thing EVER lately.  Second, I have been missing my veggies!  Most of the veggies I ate on my business trip were lettuce and tomatoes on my tacos.  I'm definitely not my brother; my body cannot handle just meat and carbs.

Mmm mashed potatoes with rolls....
Tomorrow is a rest day for me.  Apparently, I will drive down Saturday morning to do my run.  I hope I won't be too tired.  So after I finish that race, what's next?  I recently found out that my friend Jenny is doing the Hot Chocolate 15k.  I will need another race to train for...why not one with chocolate?  If I decide to do the 15k, I think I will sign up for daily mile to keep me accountable and motivated.

What are you training for?

~Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Do it!! They say it is 70% full, so sign up!! You get a jacket AND hot chocolate AND chocolate fondue!! :) Good luck on your race this weekend! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!