Thursday, August 18, 2011

Impromptu Spirit Day?

...Hello...spiritful is not how I feel today.  Yesterday? Yes.  Today? No.  I want to crawl back into bed and not come out until my booty is on a beach towel down in Myrtle Beach.  I unconsciously decided to create my own spirit day at work....you know, old school, like homecoming week....

Dress like a Homeless Person Day

Let me back it up a bit.  I went to Busch Gardens yesterday with Mike, James, Julia and Alex and had a blast. 

This is what spirit looks like

It was a ton of fun, the weather was perfect, and the company was perfect!  It was such a perfect day that we decided to end it in the most perfect way:  fireworks!  It was a lovely display that ended around 9:45pm.  Add on time to catch a tram to the parking lot and get everyone packed in the car, we were on the road at 10:40pm. 


The ride from Williamsburg to Woodbridge was uneventful but still took the customary two hours.  By the time I got into bed, it was 1AM.  I don't think I have adequately informed you of my alter-ego (Super Granny) but I haven't gone to bed that late in at least a year!  My alarm clock went off this morning for work at five-thirty and I was angry.

I think it is a combination of the anger, tiredness, and haze of sleep that ultimately caused me to choose this outfit.  I regret this choice everytime I walk by a mirror.  And I'm not really sure what came first, my outfit or my attitude.  I think it was my attitude because I remember just wanting something comfy and warm to wear because I was tired, grumpy and wanted to sleep on the bus.

So yesterday at Bush Gardens, here is what my food looked like:  pork ribs, dill pickles, sour kraut, dinner roll, bratwursts, German potato salad, beef ribs, brisket, roasted chicken, waffle fries, ice cream (with hot fudge, whipped cream and sprinkles), and cotton candy.  After eating whole grains, high fiber, and fruits/veggies, all the fatty, yummy, and sugary foods were like crack to an addict!  I have been wanting sugar all day.  I haven't even had the desire for that stuff really but that is all I have wanted today.  My prescription for that is a run and a good night's sleep!  (Jersey Shore is on tonight so the good night's sleep might have to wait until tomorrow night....)


What's your prescription for getting back on track?

~Andrea

1 comment:

  1. I never get to bed late anymore either. I went to a concert a couple weeks ago and got to bed at 2am. I did not handle it well the next day. I need my sleep!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!