Monday, June 20, 2011

Ugly Step-Sister?

Yesterday I bought some running shoes at Costco.  I feel that two sins were committed.

1.  I bought running shoes from Costco
2.  I didn't try the shoes on before I bought them

I usually like Adidas shoes so that's why I just grabbed them and hoped for the best.  Plus, Costco has an amazing return policy so I knew if they didn't work, it's not a problem to get my money back.  There were so many parts of the shoe that were stabbing my feet :(  I tried to walk on the treadmill for five minutes and I couldn't even finish.  I really do want to get some knew running shoes though.  Any suggestions on what to get?  Do I spend my exercise money on that or do I save that for something more fun?


So I'm guilty of it, folks.  I see skinny ladies and I often want to say that "they have really good genes."  I saw Pippa in her dress at the wedding and thought this very thing.  Mind changed!  Check this lady out!  She ran twenty miles and then biked another thirty all in the windy, rainy, muddy mountains of Scotland?  I was pleasantly surprised.  It's hard for me not to blame my genetics for my heaviness but as I can see, it's effort and work for everyone to be active and healthy.

I'm getting more and more excited about my date with Patrice on Wednesday ;)  I think this is going to be a great decision.  It's quite the investment but I'm sure the positive effect it's going to have on my life will be exponential :)

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!