Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Early to rise!

After a six day vacation from work, it felt kinda good to get back into the normal swing of things.  I got up and did a workout on the treadmill at four this morning.  I did a simple aerobic program on the treadmill but the important part is that I did it and I did more than glisten. 

Best part of the workout for me was my new IPOD nano :)  It has been too long since I was able to exercise with some jams Haha.  The workout was very enjoyable.

So I have devised a plan to encourage me to workout.  I pay myself to workout.  It's recommended that you reward yourself, right?  Well, I'm very generous with myself if parameters are not set.  It usually turns out that I work out for two days in a row and suddenly I feel entitled to a new shirt or pair of shoes.  To ensure that I am not over-rewarding myself, I decided to pay myself $2 for every fifteen minutes that I workout. 

It's been working out pretty well.  I have bought myself a couple new shirts and currently have $52 in the bank.  I don't currently have a reward in mind that I want to get with the money but my phone has been on the fritz lately...we shall see.

Tomorrow the plan is to get up and work out again in the morning.  As a single mom, the best time for me to exercise is in the morning when Julia is still sleeping. If I don't get it done first thing in the morning, then it probably won't happen that day.  I should head to bed soon...

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!