Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Treadmill VS Dishwasher

My alarm went off way too early yesterday morning.  I spent ten minutes in bed deciding whether or not to get up and workout.  The night before I brought my BOSU up to the living room along with the DVD so that I could try it out.  I finally made the move and went down to the kitchen to get a water bottle for my workout.  And that's when I was hit with a visual reminder that as a single mommy, when you shift your efforts to one area of your life (i.e. fitness/exercise) another area of your life is sure to struggle (i.e. cleaning).  My kitchen was absolutely a disaster area!

So my BOSU is still sitting untouched and awaiting it's first rendezvous with me BUT my kitchen is clean and happy :)  And you know what?  I don't feel guilty about not working out at all.  As I am getting older, I am getting better at realizing the things that overwhelm me and stress me out.  I have been trying to confront those things head on instead of distracting myself with other things (like eating or spending money which only serve to distract me from what's really bothering me).  So I decided to clean for an hour and a half and it felt just as energizing and refreshing as any workout.


On a different note, I tried something new that I am pretty excited about: roasted seaweed!  I saw it at Costco and thought "Hmmm, I've never tried that before but it looks pretty good for you...."  So what should you do if you want to try something new and don't know if you will like it?  Buy it in bulk!  If you hate it, then you will have thirty pounds of it laying around your house to remind you that you don't like it haha.  Anyway, I tried it and I liked it!  I'm so excited for my little salty sea chip discovery.  I won't have a problem eating these all up.  Check this out for nutritional info for seaweed.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for nutritional eating.  I also bought bulk veggies at Costco and it's my goal to eat them all before they spoil.  While I was cleaning the kitchen, I made myself a salad to take for my lunch as well as a baggy of veggies to munch on at work also.  Other snacks included my quinoa clusters and a jello temptations pudding.  I have found that those quinoa clusters are a perfect snack right before a workout.  They are light but still have a good mix of carbs and protein to give me energy for my early morning workouts :)


Today's adventures in cooking include kale chips and Moroccan braised chicken breasts!  Mmmmm.....  And don't forget, it's my first meeting with Patrice too!  Wish me luck!!

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!