Monday, June 13, 2011

Baking fun with Julia - Carrot Style!

After going through my fridge and trying to take an inventory of ingredients, I noticed I had a bag of carrots that were on their last leg.  It was a big bag of shredded carrots, more than I could stomach in a salad, so what did I decide to do??  Make Cinnamon Carrot Muffins!  This is a recipe that I found in my Whole Living magazine.

Cinnamon Carrot Muffins

3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp ground flax seed
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 cups finely grated carrots (4-5 carrots)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line muffin tins with paper cups.  Whisk flours, soda and salt in a bowl.  Whisk remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.  Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. 

Spoon batter into cups.  Bake until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 22 minutes.  Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.


I only have mini-muffin tins at my house so that's what I used.  These are on the menu for tomorrow's breakfast!  YUM :)



Kid approved!

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!