Sunday, June 26, 2011

Honey-Nut Yummy!

Good Morning y'all!  So my little one has gone off to her daddy's for the next two weeks and I'm not looking forward to my empty house at all :(  Right now I am OK just because I'm used to her being gone every other weekend.  I think around Wednesday I might start getting lonely and missing her a lot. 


We spent the morning coloring and snuggled on the couch playing with her markers (like they were action figures).  After that, we had some oatmeal.  Julia asked for hers with some honey in it and that gave me an idea....I decided to make myself some Honey-Nut Oatmeal!  It was delicious :)

Honey Nut Oatmeal

1/2 cup oats
1 tbsp ground flax seed
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder

Cook oats, flax seed and water in the microwave for one minute.  Add remaining ingredients and enjoy!

I plugged the ingredients into a calorie calculator and it looks like it's about 360 calories, which isn't too bad.  It was something very quick and easy to make too. 

I'm off to the ball fields to watch Alex!  Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!