Friday, July 8, 2011

Veg Out :)

So this morning, four o'clock came and went and somehow I was still in bed.  I remained in bed until six o'clock!!!  I have no idea when I turned off my alarm or why I miraculously woke up.  I usually go to the bus stop between six-thirty and six-forty so it was a race against the clock to get ready for work.

Needless to say, there was no workout this morning.  I felt amazingly rested and refreshed though!  Oh well, I have been working out with Patrice, going for walks with Jess and climbing stairs on my fifteen minute breaks so I think a rest day was needed. 


That was dinner :)  It was a "clean out the veggie drawer" dinner.  It was a mix of sweet peppers, spinach, mushrooms, onions, green beans and chicken.  I sauteed it with a little Worcestershire sauce and garlic.  It was pretty tasty!  I have become very bored with my raw veggies so it was really refreshing to eat them cooked.

Tomorrow for breakfast, I'm going to make this delicious meal:


Mmmm, eggs with ground flax seed, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.  I really love breakfast foods and the weekends are my favorite because I actually have time to sit down and make a decent breakfast.

Tomorrow Alex and I are off to Melissa and Jake's wedding up in PA.  I will need to make sure that I pack lots of healthy snacks for the ride up there.  The rumor is that the drive is about four hours :( 

Have a great weekend!

~Andrea


2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I love your blog! I love the recipes and inspirational posts. I have been struggling for a long time with my body and eating. You have motivated me to do better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeni! I know it can be a tough thing to do but once you start taking control of your life and your health, the benefits are definitely worth it :) I love that you have enjoyed my blog...keep me posted on how you are doing! Love you too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!