Monday, July 11, 2011

I heart Costco

Today was day two of Jackie Warner's 20-minute cardio and it was another intense, sweaty 20 minutes!  I did make a mistake that I will not repeat again.  On the last two-minute 12% incline segment, I decided to do a slow jog instead of walking it.  My quads were so tight that it was twice as difficult to continue to the running part after that!  Lesson learned.

After my workout, I had a quick protein shake with almond milk.  It was not very delicious.  I have the worst protein powder EVER!  The powder refuses to mix in so I pretty much had to chew and swallow the shake.  I have been eyeing some protein powder at Costco.  The price is steep ($35) but just because of the quantity you are getting.  I just don't know if I will like or not.  It's EAS Muscle Milk.  They have both vanilla and chocolate.  Has anyone tried this before?  Would you recommend it?

I feel like the price alone makes it a good buy; plus it is a whey protein, which Jackie Warner recommends.   Costco hasn't steered me wrong on the health food purchases so far, so maybe I should just take the plunge.  Speaking of health food finds at Costco, here are some of my recent finds:



These veggie burgers are pretty amazing.  I don't get the "burger" flavor from them at all but they are a nice substitute for raw veggies.  I really love that they have sunflower seeds in them.  It gives it a great taste and an unexpected crunch.  Here's their nutrition information.

Next up, Nature's Path Ancient Grains Granola with Almonds :)
This cereal has some pretty crazy grains (spelt and amaranth) that I haven't even heard of before and it's pretty delicious :)  A serving size is 3/4 cup and it has 9 grams of sugar, which isn't too bad.  I had some this morning as my mid-morning snack and it kept me pretty full for a while.  Costco also has pumpkin granola from Nature's Path, which I also love.  Julia loves these cereals too.  She even chose this one as her cereal.
Tomorrow is another session with Patrice!  I will be meeting with her tomorrow and Thursday and maybe Saturday too.  It's official butt-kickin' week :)

Have a good one!

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!