Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pay Day

Good Evening!  I hope you had a great day!  I had the day off of work and it was sooo enjoyable :)  I started the morning off with breakfast with Julia, which I feel like I haven't done in forever.  She had some light vanilla yogurt with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and cherries topped with some whole grain granola.  I made one of my favorites:


Spinach, tomatoes, ground flax seed, one egg and two egg whites topped with hot sauce.  So delicious.  I have renewed my love of cherry tomatoes this summer.  They were my favorite veggie (ok, ok fruit) growing up because they taste like sunshine.  There is just something about having the tomato explode in your mouth that makes me happy :)

Lunch wasn't anything too exciting.  I sampled some potato salad and had a veggie burger.  Like I said, not very exciting. 

Dinner was much more satisfying.  We had our friends Jess and Mike and their son James over for dinner so we tried to make some tasty stuff.  With tasty comes calories.  We had bacon-wrapped fillet mignons, potato and ham salad, green salad and lemon cheesecake with fresh summer berries.  Mmmmmm.  So I didn't eat much of the bacon and only had half of my fillet so that I could indulge in the cheesecake.  I'm pretty sure the meal was far from healthy still but I felt good cutting back on part of the meal so that I could have my dessert.

In other news, I'm not sure if you guys remember or not, but I have been paying myself to workout.  I give myself one dollar for every fifteen minutes and then use that money to reward myself with nonfood items.  I used some of my money!



Workout Clothes!  Dick's Sporting Goods was having a clearance sale and I snagged both of these shorts for ten dollars a piece.  Score :)  The picture is a little dark but the pair on the right are yellow and purple.....Go Dukes!  I wore the light blue ones to work out with Patrice and they were wonderful.  They have a four inch inseam so I could check out my massive leg muscles while I did my lunges (haha) but long enough to not worry about tugging them down all the time.  I'm very happy with my purchase.

How do you reward yourself?

~Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Paying yourself to work out, that's genius! Buying new workout clothes is one of my favorite things ever and I try to not feel guilty since I basically use them way more often than my other clothes, and until they fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't quite gotten to the point of wearing workout clothes more than regular clothes but I'm up for the challenge :) Haha

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!