Monday, October 17, 2011

Last Week = FAIL

This week has been a complete failure for good eating and working out.  Don't get me wrong, it has been a fun-filled and delightful week but not one that makes me feel healthy.  I have spent much of my time working on a few gifts for a friend who had her baby shower this weekend.
Guess who's daddy is a Hokie?
I really love being crafty but I'm really a jack-of-all-trades but master of none.  They weren't bad for a first attempt but they were also perfectly imperfect.  I also made a diaper changing pad for her that was VT colors too.  I did the changing pad without a pattern and many lessons were learned.

I worked out with Patrice on Saturday morning.  I felt like it was an "ok" workout but I didn't think it was stellar.  Well, I changed my mind when I woke up the next day!  My abs are sooo sore and my hamstrings are dying too.  I really think the move that did me in was the rotating push-ups.  You start by doing a regular push-up, then raise one arm straight up to the ceiling while rotating your body and putting your body weight on the arm that is still on the floor.  Make sense?  Maybe I will take pictures of that later...  It was a killer core workout.

To ensure that no calorie deficit was attained, I went over to Stacy's to help her make some lemon-curd cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries for our friends baby shower the next day.  YUM!  Quality control happens to be one of my specialties.


Later that night, Alex and I met up with some friends to play pool.  Any benefit that I gained working out with Patrice earlier that day was negated for sure by the time we went home. 

The next day Alex, our parents, and I went over to Bristow Manor for an open house.  We were able to try some of their food as well as see the centerpieces that are available with the package. 


This would be nice with a scented candle
The table runner is one of the colors I am using :)
I'm so incredibly excited to marry Alex but I hate parting with money, especially large sums of money.  It frustrates me that one single day is going to cost thousands of dollars.  I might upset family members with this thought but I wish eloping wasn't so frowned upon haha.

Was your week a PASS or a FAIL?

What was your biggest expense at your wedding?  Was it worth it?

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you what my biggest expense WASN'T: photography. And even now that I'm divorced, I regret it every.single.time. I think of it. Get yourself a good photographer, no matter what you plan.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!