Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Columbus Day!

Good Morning!  It is a wonderful day to work for the government!  I'm writing to you in my pajamas on my cozy couch and I'm loving every minute of it!  I'm even more thankful that I have the day off because after destroying my legs on Saturday and my 7-mile run yesterday, I can feel every muscle that I use to just walk around.  Ouch!

I met up with the Lake Ridge Runners for a great run through Occoquan Regional Park.  After the first loop, we had completed 4.5 miles.  I was fully prepared to wimp out and do the run in two installments but luckily there was another person there that was signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15k, who wanted to add on some miles.  All in all, we completed seven miles!

In other exciting news from the weekend, Alex and I went to see another potential wedding venue :)

Bristow Manor Golf Club
It's a historic 1800's manor house with wonderfully landscaped grounds.  There is no site-fee and plenty of freebies to go along with your reservation for the day!

Chiavari chairs and linens, gratis!
Napkins, mirrored tiles, tea lights and centerpieces are included too
There is a tasting next week at the manor that Alex, our mothers, and I are going to attend.  I hope the food is really tasty because that's all I am waiting for to make the decision.  We haven't looked at a lot of places but this one really seems to give us a lot for our money.  It also meets my desire to have it a historic location with an outdoor ceremony.  The other reason why I am encouraged to book this space sooner rather than later is the Saturdays in September are all booked and so is the first weekend in October!  So this place fills up very quickly and I feel like we need to act now to be sure we can get married on the weekend we want!

All in all, it was a great weekend!  How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!