So, we have been doing the old fashioned paper chain to help Julia count down the days to her birthday. Last night I asked her how many links were left and if she knew her birthday was tomorrow. Once she figured out that her birthday was the next day, she began to whimper. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I don't want shots!" I have no idea if she has figured out that turning a year older means getting shots or if someone was so kind as to explain that to her. I told her she has nothing to worry about; she will not be getting shots on her birthday. Am I a bad parent since I didn't let her know that she will be getting them at some point, just not on her actual birthday??
1. Going to some one's birthday party meant YOU got a treat for attending
2. You got a million presents because even things at the Dollar Store were cool and acceptable gifts
3. You can stuff yourself silly with cake and ice cream and you don't even know the meaning of guilt
4. Energy is not something you get from a drink
5. You don't need two breaths to blow out all the candles ;-)
Is there a reason why you would want to be five years old again?