Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Coupon Sweatshop

They say the key to being a good parent is quality time with your child, not quantity.  I whole heartedly agree.  In fact, what's better than spending quality time with your child AND teaching them to be thrifty.  Today was FULL of quality, thrifty time :)

First stop of the day was Kohl's.   I heart Kohl's.  I bought three things there and paid less than $12.  This store always has some sort of coupon out and sales going on, which results in one happy momma.  I had $30 of Kohl's cash and a $10 coupon.  I got $52 dollars worth of merchandise for $12?  Score one for momma!

Next up, we hit the thrift store.  I wasn't really looking for anything in particular but found some good jeans for Julia for five dollars.  I didn't feel too triumpant about it though because it's a thrift store.  Shouldn't I be getting them for a buck?

Finally, we headed home for an afternoon of mother-daughter bonding over coupons!


She was so excited about cutting coupons with me.  She even devised a great work schedule for us.  "Momma, after every three coupons we cut, we can have a free drink of water!"  Yeah, we take coupons very seriously in this house. 



To finish off our day of penny pinching, we decided to entertain ourselves for free by seeing who's head was harder.  Head shoving??? My daugher is so weird, she loved it.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Do you score amazing deals with coupons?

What weird games do you play with your child?

2 comments:

  1. I love Kohl's too. I get all of the kid's clothes there and I never pay full price for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kohl's too! You always come out feeling like you scored sweet deals! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!