Thursday, January 19, 2012

Not Just Saying but not writing either...

So I have been gone for a while.  A long while.  I haven't been doing much running because my leg is still being a cry baby.  I have been doing some cross training, woo!  As if my nether regions hadn't had enough abuse, I went to spinning yesterday morning.  This instructor was pretty crazy.  It was non-stop intervals at a "seven" in the saddle.  That's spinning speak for hard work!

That evening I went back to the gym with Alex and did some strength training.  Oh, how I have missed lifting things up and putting them down!

:)
I have been in love with the soreness in arms and chest today.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment.  Nothing says strength like not having full mobility of your arms. 

Tonight I tried out Zumba for the first time.  It's the new generation of Jazzercise with a Latin twist.  I didn't like it.  I hardly broke a sweat.  I'm not a crazy exerciser by any means but I almost came home and banged out a couple of miles on the treadmill....almost.  I realize that an instructor can make or break your experience so I will give it another try.

Don't worry folks, the night was not a complete let down.


I doubt the mole sauce has enough chocolate in it

I have no idea why I didn't take any pictures of the finished product.  This picture certainly doesn't sell it.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not selling anything but Imodium.  Despite the picture, dinner was a success and the mole was one hundred times tastier than it looked.

What's your favorite way to cross train?

Do you eat disgusting looking foods?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy zumba, plus everything else you said but spinning, haven't tried that one yet. I feel like zumba works you as hard as you put in to it. I know that when I first started attending classes that I did not break a sweat at all, but now (and with a fabulous instructor) I am really working everything and you can rarely find a dry spot on me after a class. Just my $.02. Sorry your leg is still giving you problems.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!