Thursday, May 17, 2012

Full moon at the May Day 5k

Or is it a new moon since it is covered in black spandex?


Let's just say, it's not the most flattering picture of me.  Well, I managed to run the May Day 5k, win third place AND make a new PR for myself.  Woo!  Official time was 28:28.  I'm pretty sure I have never ran a 5k in under thirty minutes so I am pretty excited about my time.  Winning third place in this race was actually a sweeter victory than third place at the Turkey Trot 10k because there were ten people in my age group as opposed to four.


I really enjoyed the May Day 5k.  It's a smaller race, I believe we had about two hundred people running it, and the running group that hosts the race is awesome!  My parent's music studio was one of the sponsors for the race so my dad played the harp for the national anthem before the race began.  Seriously, what other race kicks off with a harp performance??

Anyway, I grew up on the street that the race started on but that didn't make the course any easier.  Within the first mile of the course, we had to climb a ridiculous hill and then three quarters into the race there was another killer hill. Ashamedly, I walked a good portion of the second hill.  Doing hill sprints is always something that I think I would like to do in theory because it would help increase my speed and potentially make me less fearful of hills but is something I never really get around to doing.  Shocking, I know.

Any embarrassing pictures of you out in cyberspace for all time and eternity?

What should you do but don't?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new PR and AG place!

    I think I have countless embarrassing photos in cyberspace. I was a freshmen in college when Facebook caught on...so yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are probably embarrassing photos somewhere, but none that I'll cop too. :)

    Congrats on the race!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments :) Let me know what you think!